The Leadership and Mentorship Program (LMP), hosted by Ecotourism Kenya, is an exciting youth engagement initiative designed to empower participants with practical skills in sustainable tourism. This program goes beyond traditional training by offering a dynamic blend of hands-on experience and tailored skills enhancement sessions over 3-4 days at Ecotourism Kenya offices.
Upon completion of the skills enhancement training, participants are supported in securing internship placements across various areas within Kenya’s vibrant tourism industry. These placements, lasting approximately 3 months, are a collaborative effort with Ecotourism Kenya’s network of host organizations, including its members and partners.
The LMP ensures that the training provided aligns with both academic knowledge and current industry demands, offering participants a comprehensive skill set. Throughout the internship period, Ecotourism Kenya remains committed to monitoring and supporting the progress of each participant, fostering a continuous cycle of improvement and growth.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
- Furnish participants with knowledge to understand, promote and advance the principles of responsible tourism, sustainability & conservation.
- Provide opportunities for practical work experience within the tourism industry.
- Develop critical thinking and good work ethics for the trainees to integrate into the workplace.
The program participation fee is Ksh. 3,000 which is payable after the successful applicants are contacted.
WHO CAN APPLY?
This program is for;
1. Students in their 3rd and 4th years of study in tourism, hospitality, environment management, community development and related courses.
2. Graduates (graduation date not more than 3 years ago as at Jan 2024) in the tourism, hospitality community development, environment management and related studies,
3. Those willing to receive internship placement anywhere in Kenya.
To be considered for the program, kindly submit interest via email with listed attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading, ‘LMP APRIL 2024 COHORT’.
In the email body, introduce yourself and let us know what you hope to learn from the program (maximum 250 words)
1. Updated Curriculum vitae. Name the document as ‘CV_Name’ e.g. CV_John Kamau
2. Introduction letter from learning institutions (for continuing undergraduate students). Name the document as ‘Introduction_Name’ e.g. Introduction_John Kamau
3. Certificate of good conduct (for graduates. Name the document as GoodConduct_Name e.g. GoodConduct_JohnKamau
OPEN CALL: 15th January 2024
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 9th February 2024 4 PM
CONTACTING SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS: 1st week of March 2024
TRAINING DATES: 2nd-5th April 2024
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are encouraged to have their NSSF and NHIF papers ready or in processing as employers may require them.
Join us on this journey to become ambassadors of sustainability in the dynamic world of tourism!