We will be joining the World Environment Day 2023 commemoration. The photography challenge revolves around the theme of ‘Creative Solutions to Plastic Pollution- Celebrating Changemakers.’ e goal is to capture inspiring and innovative solutions to the problem of plastic pollution and to showcase individuals and organizations who are making a positive impact in this area.
We would like to identify, appreciate and encourage new ways to address plastic waste management not only in the tourism and hospitality sector but also in other sectors. Through this challenge, we hope to;
-raise awareness on plastic waste management.
-promote behavior and mindset change towards plastic waste management.
-discover alternative ways of repurposing used plastic.
-encourage initiatives that work on plastic waste.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- The Photography Challenge is open to Kenyans.
- Device: a smartphone.
- Social media platforms to upload: Facebook and Instagram.
- Use the hashtags #ConsciousTraveler #WorldEnvironmentDay
- Tag Wanderlust Diaries Limited and Ecotourism Kenya.
- Caption your photo.
- Indicate when the photo was taken.
- The submitted photo should showcase recycled/upcycled plastic items or plastic being recycled or upcycled. You can capture any stage of plastic waste management.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY SUBMISSIONS: 2.6.23 11:59 P.M
Have you seen repurposed plastic items or witnessed the recycling/upcycling of plastic? Do you undertake recycling/upcycling of plastic?
The most liked photo will receive an amazing prize!
Kindly seek consent if taking photos of people.
Submit your photo and stand a chance to win!
The winner of the challenge is Nzilani Liz.
She joined the challenge and posted on her Instagram sharing short and simple call to action to #EndPlasticPollution
We thank all who submitted their entries and showed us their #SolutionstoPlasticPollution.
Let’s accelerate efforts to completely #BeatPlasticPollution