This year, the Eco-Warrior Award has been altered to be in sync with the 2017 UNWTO Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development and the WTM and Africa Responsible Tourism Awards. The award will therefore focus on how tourism businesses in Kenya are contributing to the uptake of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs).
To be recognized for the 2017 Eco Warrior Award, Ecotourism Kenya is looking for case studies of businesses that have been able to translate the SDGs into their operations and can positively demonstrate and report tangible outcomes in their operations and impact on people, planet and profits. The contribution of individual persons in their capacity as conservation leaders, tour guides, media, researchers and students cannot be overlooked.
There are seven (7) categories this year:
- Category 1 – 5: An applicant will need to demonstrate their sustainability approach and outcome (including impact where feasible) to People, Planet and Prosperity while implementing any one of the SDGs 8,12,13,14 and 15 that have a strong relationship to tourism.
- Category 6: Requires applicants to demonstrate their application of any of the other 14 SDGs.
- Category 7: Reserved for individuals who can demonstrate their contribution to any of the 17 SDGs through an initiative, research project or media campaign etc.
How to participate in the 2017 Eco Warrior Award
The 2017 Eco Warrior Award is now open for application to Ecotourism Kenya members and will close on 22nd August 2017.
- Download the application form
- Provide your supporting documents via a Dropbox link
i) Power point photo presentation of project or
ii) 3-5 minute video clip of project (mandatory)
iii) E-brochures iv) Media publications
You can send you application through a Dropbox link or via email to email@example.com. In case of any enquiries, call +254 726 366080 and talk to Marxine or Grace.
- Deadline for application: 22nd August 2017
- Announcement of the shortlist: 14th September 2017
- Eco Warrior Award ceremony: 5th October 2017